CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Date Night Hike

We hiked Pulpit Rock on a date night, and this was at the top:

One of the things we love about this place is the easy access to the great outdoors.  Pulpit Rock is only a few miles from our house, no even out of the city limits.  It's not a real long hike, but it was nice to do something outside the "dinner & a movie" box. 
On the way back down, we saw TWO baby rattlesnakes.  Scott actually stepped on the first one because he didn't see it.  Luckily, they were pretty lethargic, and really didn't seem to care about us tramping right by them. 
                               
To go along with our 'adventurous' night, Scott talked me in to going to a Moroccan restaurant.  What I didn't realize at the time is that there would be lots of lovely rugs and pillows (because you sit barefoot on the floor), a multiple-course dinner (that we ate with our hands, as in no utensils), and belly-dancing.  I felt a little out of place in my slightly sweaty and dirty t-shirt and jeans, not to mention my rough and calloused, not-fit-for-eating-barefoot-in-public feet.  But, it was a fun night. 

2 comments:

Anonymous

That sounds like a really fun date night. I can't wait until we get there, we will have to do some double dating! YEah!

Sherry Leal

I think my blogger isn't telling me when everyone updates their blogs because I somehow missed these two most recent ones. This looks so fun! We need to take a lesson from you guys and do something different. Scott's looking old. :) Just kidding. I think he was just squinting into the sun in the first picture.