CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MY thoughts on a new school year- Addendum

My last post did not come off the way I intended. I published it anyway because I never get around to 'fixing' and publishing those kinds of posts. You know, the ones that start out with some real inner thoughts and feelings, but aren't quite right when you put them in writing. I don't really know how to fix what I wrote, but I want to add to it, and hopefully explain better where I am/was coming from.
*******
I love my kids, and I do worry about them, and I will miss them (a little) while they're at school. But, lately I keep thinking about this line from the story of Esther:

"who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" (Esth. 4:14)
I know Heavenly didn't send my children (and I need to remember it applies to me too) to Earth at this particular time to fail. I know He sent them to accomplish a great work. And fear of the world and of the unknown will only hold them back from their divine potential. I'm not saying that I'm never afraid, only that I do not want to teach fear to my children.  I believe it is a waste of time and energy, and distracts from more important things.  I want them to know how to set aside fear and do what is right.

I believe I must do my best to be like the mothers of Helaman's young warriors. They prepared their sons (and I'm sure they prepared their daughters too) with righteousness and truth. And because they were prepared they did not doubt, they did not fear. They moved forward with faith and strength and were blessed abundantly.

When I reflect on my life, I can see that it is not the life I had planned for myself.  This one isn't extraordinary in any particular way, and neither is the one I would have imagined for myself 12 years ago.  But, I know its not some accident or coincidence that I am where I am.  And the fact that I can see the Lord's hand in my life tells me I must be here in this life for a reason.


I think I feel rambling coming on, I better stop and go to sleep.  I am going to click "Publish Post".  Hopefully I don't look at my blog tomorrow or the next day and wish again that I had clicked "Save Now" instead.


I promise my next post will be more interesting. 
It will have pictures.

0 comments: