CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A taste in 10

I've neither caught up on things from before the move, nor have I caught up on life since the move.  So here's a little taste of my life:

1. So far, Eden really is going to 3rd grade on Monday. (I say 'so far' because there's still a paranoid part of me that's waiting for someone somewhere to tell me she has to go to 2nd grade.)  AND, she got into our neighborhood school.  (Nice, since walking distance to school was one of the main criteria for choosing this house.) 

The plan is to practice tomorrow morning as if it was a school day, including walking to school.  (wish us luck)  We have completed the school supply list shopping, and my disdain for this ritual continues to grow.  At least I didn't have to buy T.P.

2.  I think I should keep Facebook less intimate? and let this blog be the place for my inner thoughts/feelings/rantings/ramblings.  Funny, since this blog isn't private (yet). 

3.  I don't think Jake or I will know what to do with ourselves for 3 hours 5 days a week starting next week.

4.  We have lived here 2 1/2 months and all that is hanging on the walls are my kitchen calendar and about 5 cardboard dinosaurs in the boys room.  I'm not sure those count since I used blue fun-tac to hang those.

I'm planning to rearrange the family room, living room, and 4th bedroom too.

There's also my list of projects.  But I fear I have devoloped some sort of adult-onset attention deficit disorder from having more kids than hands, so I don't know if I'll actually get any of them done.

5.  We FINALLY scored a trampoline off Craigslist.  We picked it up today, and it will get put together tomorrow.

We're also purchasing an exercise bike of Craigslist tomorrow.

Next up, a bed (hopefully with a trundle) for our extra bedroom.

6.  We got rained out of our first tent-camping attempt in Colorado.

But, we got to go to a Rockies game with some great friends instead.  AND we ate  an absolutely scrumptious Chocolate Chip Calzone at Claim Jumpers, I think it may be my new favorite dessert.

7.  Scott has started his crazy rotating shift work.  He works 6 days (2 each of days, swings, nights), then gets 4 days off.  It's really not so bad. 

Just remind me I said that when I do Sacrament Meeting by myself again.....  And on Labor Day when we miss the ADT Half that I was so looking forward to.....  And when we miss both BYU Football games in Colorado because of his work schedule (we might still make the Air Force game... maybe)

8.  He did get time off for Dana and Guillaume's wedding.  We will have 3 days and 2 nights sans children in Washington D.C. thanks to Scott's Mom.

9.  On Friday, my house was the cleanest it has ever been since we moved here (the owner came to look at the deck and yard that need fixing).  Sorry you missed it.  Being the lame photographer that I am, there is no proof.  You will just have to take my word for it because it definitely doesn't show anymore.

10.  A lot of the time I think having three kids is REALLY busy.  (By busy, I mean CRAZY.)  And we're not even doing any 'extra-curriculars' right now. I am constantly interrupted, you can tell just by looking around my completely NOT-decorated house, especially during the day.  You'll see lots of UN-finished tasks, they mirror all the UN-finished thoughts in my head and on this blog. 

(Notice my emphasis on NOT- and UN-?  I think there is a distinction between the two:  NOT implies it hasn't happened yet; UN implies undone.  In my current situation, they both apply and can be used interchangeably in the preceding paragraph.)

Sometimes I think its just having a 2-year-old that make life so crazy.  He definitely makes the biggest contribution to the UNs.  I started calling him Monkey Monster and Monster Monkey the other day.  I swear Eden and Andrew weren't ever as loud or 'busy'.  They currently make a bigger contributions to the NOTs.

People tell me "if you can handle 3, you can handle 4 (or more)".  But what does that mean?  We're all still alive and have all our limbs, but I wouldn't say I'm good at having 3 kids.  I reach the edge of sanity and reason on a regular basis (ie. every day- see above).  I remember being paranoid about going from 2 to 3 because having 2 was so hard at first, but I knew it was irrational.  The worry I have about going from 3 to 4 feels different, I think it feels more real somehow.

I think there's a pretty good chance I will find out first hand the difference between having 3 kids and having 4 kids.  {Despite everything I just wrote, we would be happy and thankful to have another monkey.} 

This is NOT an announcement.  I am NOT pregnant.

3 comments:

Tera

LOVED THE POST! You crack me up. I needed a good laugh this morning. I do have some insight for having more then three children, so take it or leave it, here it is! When you have four or more the chaos lessens because you have older kids you can put to work to help out. NO stage of life lasts forever and ever stage is different. There is no such thing as sanity when you have a lot of small children, but if you find reasons to love, and reasons to laugh each day you are succeeding. Trials and Blessings go together, just like kids and mothers. You can't have one without the other, so endure the hard times, and ENJOY the less chaotic times! GOOD LUCK!!

trish

OK, this was just too funny! I wake up every morning feeling pretty much the same way. The to-do list is overwhelming, and the to-done list is just not long enough (ok non-existant)! I would like to point out that in case you are considering number 4... I don't happen to agree with the other comment. My older kids really weren't that much help... however, I have learned to let more things go and just try to focus on the time I have with whomever I'm with. (I mean my living room is actually the same color as when I moved in! if you will remember I painted our living room in S.D. several times! LOL) And as always, keep it up. You are a great mother and you do do what is in your childrens best interests!

Anonymous

r u sure you aren't pregnant...maybe it's your inner body that is telling you something!