CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkins and SNOW!

Scott took the kids to pick out pumpkins at the grocery store. If there is a pumpkin patch anywhere around here, I don't know about it. He wanted to carve the jack-o-lanterns with them before he has to be out of town for a while. They were so excited starting out. Eden had a pretty good time (I did help quite a bit, but she sorted to seeds from the pulp). Andrew on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with the cleaning out- notice his expression as he pulls out some pumpkin guts- after a couple of obligatory handfuls.


The finished products. They told us how to draw the faces, then we carved it out.

This morning there was a nice dusting of SNOW on the ground! I know we've lived here over a year now, and I shouldn't be surprised by the weather, no matter what it does, but I was really hoping the weatherman was wrong about the snow! I'm not ready for winter yet!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Amanda

Cute pictures and video! :) Glad that the snow didn't last too long!

As far as a local pumpkin patch...I've heard that Jolly Lane Nursery is fun this time of year. I just barely heard this the other day after having lived here for 7 years. I need to take my kids over there and see.

I just did an online search and evidently the Canyon Lake United Methodist church, which is located up the street from our church, has a pumpkin patch each year. They are open from noon to dusk each day until Halloween.