CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I got this idea from Mandi, we used a Zuchinni Meatloaf (recipe from Amanda) instead of Spaghetti for the 'guts' and I didn't have quite enough breadsticks, but our Skeleton Man dinner was fun- and tasty!


For our Young Women activity this week, we had a party and the girls were encouraged to invite friends. I was in charge of food, so I found these ideas online plus Ghoulish Punch from Kraft.com of which I did not get a picture. For someone who hasn't done much 'festive' fare for Halloween in the past and doesn't particularly enjoy cooking, I thought it all turned out pretty good!


Here's a picture of the kids right before trick-or-treating. Jacob wasn't particularly fond of his cute little Jack-O-Lantern costume and the snaps just weren't very secure, so you can't see the face on his tummy, but you get the idea. Eden is a witch and Andrew is a ninja turtle (he was so excited to find out his best buddy who moved to Ohio was a ninja turtle too). I feel a little guilty that I did not even attempt to be creative, and got all the costumes from the store. Oh well...
...they sure are cute! Notice the totally gross pumpkins in the background- we carved them early and have had some nice warm weather on top of that, I didn't even put candles in them, but I decided to leave them out anyway. (The bright and happy one is a WalMart special incase you were thinking it was real.)

All in all, we had a pretty fun "Halloweek", but we did skip the Squadron trick-or-treating, since we already had the ward trunk-or-treat and the YW party (and Eden had a party at school) all in one week. It was fun, but I'm glad its over.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Mary Peterson

You are so creative! Your food looks awesome. (I've made Amanda's zuchinni meatleaf, it is awesome! Yum!)
Your kids look adorable. Don't worry about not sewing or making them your self. I bought my kids costumes too!
Happy Halloween!

Cecilia

Great job on the Halloween festivities! We wanted to make Halloween exciting, but we never got around to carving our pumpkin. We've decided we are going to dress up next year to liven things up. Maybe we'll try the skeleton man dinner.

Tera

Thank you thank you for the Halloween dinner visual. I am jealous your eyeballs looked way better then mine, and I bet your kids actually ate them. I love the decorations, and the cute kids. Thanks for letting Eden play with us. Great Spooky Dinner!

Robin

Go Lani! Your Halloween dinner looks so creative and yummy. And your kids (as always) are adorable :). I love Andrew's outfit especially. Anything with fake muscles is a hit with me!

Christy

I love the recipes! They look so totally cute! Way to go. I just cringed though when I saw the temperature that's posted on your side bar. Oh MY! How do you ever get used to that???

Mandi

The cookies are awesome and Eden is seriously the cutest little witch ever! Happy halloween- a little late! :)

Juli

I like your kids costumes! Good job with the food, it looks good and very festive.

Amanda

Very fun dinner! I might have to steal that idea next year. ;) I love the eyeballs too! The kids look very cute. Wasn't halloween so nice with the warm weather!

Thanks for sharing Jacob with me today. I enjoyed holding a little one again. He is so sweet! :)

Anna

The kids look so cute in their costumes! Hey, don't worry Lani, except for Liam, the girls just had to be whatever costume they could get from a friend-it's called life with three kids.

Emily

What clever ideas for food! I'll have to try that next year:) Your kids look cute in their costumes and I love the new look of your blog!

Unknown

Oh my goodness Lani! You went all out on those Halloween treats and you even decorated! I skipped it this year being back in Hawaii but you have certainly inspired me to go for it next year! The kids are so cute and getting so big!!!

Laura Wong

Mary and Adam

Hey I found your blog on the Rocknaks' blog! Hooray! That skeleton dinner is so cute! You did such a great job on the food at the YW party too. Hope you're enjoying the snow as much as we are! lol.