CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crazy Horse Relay

Last Saturday, I ran a marathon relay with some awesome ladies. (L to R: Emily, Me, Amber, Aryn). When we signed up, the legs were pretty even, but they made some changes and the legs ended up pretty UNeven. I ran the first leg, 7.7 miles, with a couple hills in the first 3 miles, but mostly gradual downhill. Aryn ran 5.3 miles all downhill. Emily was the powerhorse and ran THE HILLS- about 5.5 miles of them during her 6.8 mile leg. Amber brought is in, looking great, on the fast 6.4 mile finish leg. We all just wanted to run less than a half-marathon, but we ended up finishing 3rd for the women's relay! Next year I plan to do the half. I was pretty happy with my time (1:06), but can't help but wonder how much faster I could have been if I weren't still lugging around quite a bit of baby weight. It really does get harder after every baby.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous

I am so proud of you, you look great! Isn't great when you get that feeling from a race! Miss you!

Saundra

Oh! I am jealous of you yet again! I love marathon relays! I did one in NM, and it was a blast!! And I can't wait to have this baby so I can start running longer again, I really miss it- and I miss running with you!

Amanda

Wow Lani! I had no idea that you were doing this. That is really awesome!! Way to go! :)

Juli

Great job on the race! I found your blog through someone else. It is fun to get to know you a little better through your blog.

Robin

Awesome job! I am impressed, especially since Jake isn't even that old. And I agree with you about the weight. I've got 5-10 that just won't seem to budge. Oh well, bring on the cookies :).

Mary Peterson

Hi Lani,
I finally found your blog! I found your address off of TeraLyn's.
That is so cool that you ran in the Crazy Horse Relay. Amber is one of my friends, but I didn't realize that you were both on the same team. Great job!

Mandi

Way to go! That is such an accomplishment. I am hoping to get to a 5K :)

Elise

You're amazing Lani! That makes me really miss running. What a fun relay!
I can't belive how big Jake is in those pictures and video, he's so sweet just laying his head down for a little snooze. Hopefully we'll get to meet him in person one of these days!

Christy

Whatever! you look great! That time sounds good to me but you and Saundra could always leave me in the dust. You're awesome.

Anonymous

Way to go Lani! I can't believe you did that so soon after having Jake--you're my hero!