CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday again!

It's hard to believe a week has gone by since the huge blizzard and as I look around and still see piles of snow (it is finally melting), I remember that we actually had really nice weather for Halloween. It was nice for the kids not to be bundled-up to the point that you can't tell what they're supposed to be. I'm also thankful to kind friends who took my kids out trick-or-treating so I could stay inside with Jake. Thanks Rocknak's and McCarty's!

I'm thankful for Flu Mist. Today I took the kid to get flu shots today. I explained that I had to do it too, and that it would help us stay healthy and help Jacob stay health too (since he's too young to get the flu vaccine), we were still dreading it anyway. But, when we got there, I found out that we could all get the mist instead. We celebrated our good fortune with TCBY afterward.

I'm also thankful for friends I've made in our moving around. I've been so blessed to know some truly awesome ladies who are such great examples of kindness, charity, and enduring well the hard times. I know our Father in heaven sends His tender mercies through the actions of friends. Tuesday morning was just hard for no particular reason, but reading a quick note (via internet) from a friend lifted my spirit and helped turn the day around.

4 comments:

Juli

Were your kids ok with the flu mist? I have been putting off taking the kids in because it doesn't sound very fun.

Amanda

Yay for melting snow, except that it leaves mud. Halloween was so nice this year with the warmer temps!

Flu mist!?! I took my kids to the civic center this week to get their shots. It was lots of fun (not!) with screaming kids all around us. The only reason we went is because it was free! The flu mist would be so nice, but sadly our insurance doesn't cover anything preventive. TCBY sounds really good! :)

Yay for good friends! :) They really do make life more bearable!

Saundra

I took the kids a couple of weeks ago for their flu shot. They could have gotten the mist, but I chose the shot, because I knew that they wouldn't let anything near their nose. Plus, they made such a HUGE deal over getting the shot, that I wasn't going to let them off the hook! (Bad mom!) They're kicking and screaming, and as soon as it's over they say, "Is that all? That didn't hurt too much."

Lani

Juli- Andrew did try to walk away after he watched me and Eden do the mist, but he came back and did it without a fight. You have to sniff as they spray, once in each side. For us it was much more pleasant than shots.