CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Name them one by one...

I'm thankful for the chance we had to live in Hawaii. We've been gone for a year and a half now, and we really are enjoying South Dakota, but here's what brought this to my mind: On Friday, my watch broke. I know it doesn't look like much, and it only cost $5 at the BX, but it was my special watch that I used when I went surfing. Initially I thought it had just come unlatched while Jake was playing with it. But, later when I found it was broken, I sat on the couch looking at it, remembering those fun surfing days and all the great friends we made there. After feeling a little pitiful for myself(I didn't realize that the watch meant anything to me until that moment), I remembered that we were just so lucky to have that opportunity. It sounds kind of pathetic, but I think I might put this watch in my scrapbook...

I'm thankful for good books- this was the book for this month. I really liked it- enough that I went ahead and ordered my own copy after reading the one I had borrowed from Amanda. And the company was great too!

I'm thankful for brownies from the box. I have yet to find a recipe that can compare, they are just so good! These are my favorite.

I'm thankful that the kids and I have survived our last Sunday at church without Scott (at least for a while). Yay!

I'm thankful for good music. I've been listening to this CD lately.

I'm thankful for people who know how to do coding stuff for blogs. I wouldn't have been able to play around with making my blog "cuter" (its a work in progress) without their talent and willingness to share.

5 comments:

Sherry Leal

The author of that book you read is from our home stake! Her brother, Doug Boyack, is in the Sonora first ward and is the county judge and he was our high councilman for many years. Small world. Thanks for doing these posts. I love seeing what other people read, bake, and find joy in. I'm thinking about putting some of my "thankful favorites" on our blog.

Saundra

I love those brownies! As a matter of fact, we have a box sitting in the pantry right now. Hmmm. And it's Monday night......family home evening......treat.... Thanks for the idea!

Juli

How sad your watch broke!

Ember

I'm so sorry your watch broke! I remember that watch and all the fun times surfing together. Remember alternating watching babies so we could each have a chance in the waves? I'm so sorry Kyle cried the whole time, but I was always so grateful you were willing to let me go anyway. Thanks. I am also grateful for the chance to live in Hawaii. Snow is beautiful but just can't compare to the ocean views.

Amanda

I am a slacker!!! I got to bed at around 3:00. My alarm went off at 5:50, but Scott got the kids up and fed them. I had to drag myself out of bed at 7:00 to take Megan to school and then I went back to bed until 10:00. I'm still tired! It was worth it though. How funny that you were going to run an extra mile for me. :) I'll have to work extra hard the week after Thanksgiving to make up for all my slacking!!!!

I've been a slacker at my thankful posts too. I loved that book too and have thought about buying that CD. Sorry about your watch. It is funny what brings back memories. I have a really yummy brownie recipe. They are cake like brownies, but I really like them.

Yay for Scott coming home!!!! :)