CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

More thankful thinking

I can't/don't update our blog everyday, but here are some more things I'm thankful for:

1. The durability of the human baby- today (another day of no school) I decided to use one of the coupons the kids got from their swim lessons for free admission to open swim at the pool. All went well until I was trying to get the four of us rinsed off and into dry clothes before heading out into thte cold. Andrew's towel ended up partly under Jacob who was resting on the bench. I had even placed things on either side of him to stop him from rolling. But, Andrew would not wait for me to help him (my hands were full at the moment), and he slid Jake right off the bench onto the hard tile floor. Luckily he slid bum/feet first, so he didn't land on the top of his head, and it was only 15 in. or so and Jacob is fine. (I know of another baby who survived a similar incident from an even higher point once upon a time.)

2. Blogs, e-mail, cell phones, and other communications technology. It's so much easier to stay in touch when Scott travels, and even when he's really out of contact, I'm still able to make some kind of contact with other adults every day. And its great to keep up with friends and family as we move around.

3. Snow plows and the people who drive them. If it weren't for them, we'd still be stuck at home and going crazy. But, even though there's still plenty of snow piled up all over, we are able to get around town fine.

4. The great system of checks and balances that our government has. We can vote for who and what we believe in, but no one has absolute power and control. I may not always agree with the outcome of an election, but I really believe in the design of our founding fathers, and I believe that it works.

4 comments:

Sherry Leal

It's good to hear of Jacob's little accident and that he's fine. That's my biggest fear with Craig. I've heard so many horror stories, but there's usually another factor in there, plus I've heard more stories of the babies being super durable, like you said, that it puts my mind at rest for the most part. I don't know what I'll do the first day he cracks his head open on something (hopefully a few years down the road)!

Emily

Oh my! I can't believe all of your snow! I can remember the first time Annabel rolled off the couch and how terrible I felt. I was able to shake if off a lot quicker with the other two:) Love your list.

Mary Peterson

I am also thankful for the durability of children! My little Jamesy fell through a railing 10 feet to a cement floor when he was just under two. His older cousin was helping him down the stairs and didn't think he would fit between the rails. He hit his head pretty hard, but after a catscan we were told that he would just have a little bruise. Amazing! Scared me to death!

Amanda

Yikes! Glad that Jacob is fine. It is amazing how strong our little one's can be. Good thing! :)