CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One down, Four to go...

October is two-thirds gone, and I have only 1/5th of my goal accomplished. But, I am hopeful that I will still reach my goal. The kids are finally back to a 'normal' school schedule until Thanksgiving. I am riding a hormone roller-coaster right now. It definitely has it's disadvantages, but it also (at times) makes things like catching up this blog seem infinitely more important than other tasks (today those would include scrubbing my shower and putting away the laundry among others). This one took about 20 40 minutes (this little monologue took longer than I thought) or so to put together, so hopefully I only need my hormones to work this way another 1 1/2 3 hours out of rest of the month. I do have to wonder if my slack running lately has anything to do with my mood swings. I've definitely slowed down, and have started using a Galloway-esque method to avoid potty-stops every mile. But, lately it's been more of a scheduling problem and wimping-out-to-the-weather problem than anything else. I went running for the first time this week, and I swear it's like a giant Reset Button for my mood. Sometimes the endorphine-induced high doesn't last the whole day, but it definitely helps.

I know I mentioned to some of you that I was considering a low/no-sugar diet for the last few months of this pregnancy in an effort to keep this baby as small as possible at birth (after that she can get nice and chubby). Jake was almost 9 lbs, and I have no desire to go there again! Well, we're now 3 months out and if anyone is wondering how that endeavor is going, it isn't, at least not yet. I just pawed through the jar of Skittles and Mini M&M's (Jake's potty treats), and ate ALL of the M&M's! For the past 2 weeks, I had been doing this a handful or two at a time, and only almost every day. I've been thinking it was a stupid silly (we're trying to help Jacob stop saying this word so much, he really is obsessed right now) idea to mix the two together, and today I finally rectified the situation. Yesterday, I ate about half of the 9x13 brownie pan (we MUST have treats for FHE!), frosted brownies. Thank goodness I only made half a recipe.



Posted by Picasa