CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family Photos 2011

This year I decided not to do school pictures anymore.  Instead, we'll do family and individual shots once a year with someone who can give us the pictures on a CD to make whatever prints, etc. that we want.  That way we're guaranteed to get a 'frame-worthy' shot of everyone at least once a year.  Luckily, one of my friends here is a photographer who does just that.  (I think I'll also do some newborn shots with her early next year, which is probably kind of backward to start that with baby #4, but after realizing I had almost ZERO frame-worthy shots of my other babies, it's what I want to do.)  The individuals of the kids turned out great.  Considering the antics we had going on during the family shots, she got some pretty good photos, but I think we could do better.  So, thanks to my friend's generosity, we are probably going to try one more time.  Here's some of what we've got so far.  She also made black & white versions of most of them. 

Which one do you like best?  I want to try printing one of these pretty big to canvas at Costco, probably 16" x 20" size.



Right now, this is my favorite.



Individuals/Couple:





I've only had the CD since yesterday afternoon, and I am already liking the pictures better and better every time I look at them.  But, since we're going out again anyway, feel free to make suggestions on what to do different next time.  (We're already trying to prepare the kids for a better experience- bribery may or not be involved- something we didn't do last time. And I'm considering some slight wardrobe changes.)
(By the way, I think this totally counts as a 'more current post' for my November goal!)

3 comments:

Elise

Lani, I think they're all so cute! I love the fall colors. And everyone is looking and smiling in most of them! (That's always too much to ask for when we have family pictures, in fact, I think it's one of my least favorite things to do.) Oh and good job on keeping up with all the blogging, I should set the same goal!

The Bergeron Family

My favorites are #1 and #3, but they all look great! I don't think any wardrobe change is necessary...but whatever floats your boat :) Jan baby is barely gonna miss out on this family pic :( I'm sure there will be more to come

p.s. to Elise: Yes, PLEASE we'd love some updates from you guys!!

Lani

#1 and #3 are the top contenders, we kind of need a wide shot for the wall it will go on anyway. This baby is missing this years pictures by a good 3 months! Plus, she'll probably have her very own photo shoot shortly after she arrives. At least by the time we do family picture shoot again, she could be smiling for them!