CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

a new quote, more excuses, and a question

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face…You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt

I just love this new quote I came across and wanted everyone to see it (it's also on my sidebar list).  Now, as far as new posting.  Here's the deal: it seems like almost every time I get enough 'on-top' of things around here that I don't feel too guilty spending a lot of time updating the blog, something happens that throws things out of wack again-- someone(s) get sick, we go on a trip, we have company, etc.  So, this morning I should be doing all the last minue things I ran out of time for last night for our weekend getaway to Provo, but instead I am giving you all some more excuses.  My goal for October is 5 posts (real ones where you can actually read about what we've been up to these days).

One more thing... people keep talking about Pinterest on my facebook page.  I looked into it briefly, and what I saw seemed to be a place to create a never-ending collection of wishes and wants, a huge time-sucker with no benefit.  (I totally admit Blogger and Facebook can also be huge time-suckers, but they have the redeeming quality of helping people stay connected).  HOWEVER, people I know and trust really seem to love Pinterest.  So, I am still curious-- do any of you use Pinterest?  Why?  What do you use it for?  How has it been helpful for you?

And now, I really must finish packing!

5 comments:

Melanie

Can't wait to see more posts of what you've been up to. Have fun in Provo - I'm jealous!

I started Pinterest a little bit ago- as we are getting ready to move into a new house I have been looking at design and decorating sights and I'm using it as a place to store ideas I'd like to remember. I don't spend time looking at anyone elses "boards"- though I'm sure I could find good ideas there too. Just as I come across things I like, I use it as a place to save them. I'm sure its not useful for everyone.

Sherry Leal

I have no idea what Pinterest is...I heard of it on another blog a few days ago for the first time and now here. I'm kind of curious.

Erin Glover

I just started using pinterest. The only reason I started was so I could easily find the recipes I wanted to make. I bookmark recipes all the time but whenever I want to make one I can't remember which link it is, but I always remember the picture...this way I can just go to pinterest and find the picture and it will take me to the recipe i want :)

The Bergeron Family

hey now...I read this and thought, "wow, I'll do it too...get caught up on everything." So I post a post about my new posts, and then come here to check yours out. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, they must be saved as drafts and will be out any minute ;) Love ya!!

Alicia

Nice goal. Mine is to not spend too much time on pinterest. I just barely got an account, not sure why. It's just like bookmarking, but I can see other people's ideas too.

I just don't let myself get on more than once per day.