CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roatan

We thought Roatan looked similar to Hawaii, it was much hillier? than the other ports we visited.  We were supposed to dock in Mahogany Bay, but due to high winds, we tendered to Coxen Hole.  This was actually a good thing because I wanted to shop for souvenirs at Yaba Ding Ding, which is walking distance from the port.  All their merchandise is handmade by Hondurian women and the proceeds go to benefit various womens groups in the country.
Beautiful island of Roatan

We went to Gumbalimba Park to kyak (the bottoms were clear! but we didn't get to see as much as I hoped) and to snorkel (definitely saw more that way).  We also relaxed on the beach for a while.

Getting ready to kyak. As you can see, I didn't work too hard on my tan

Scott was playing with the camera while we waited for the bus back to Coxen Hole
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Judy Olson

Wow-you do such a good job with the blog and the pictures are great--

Anonymous

Hello-

I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.

I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com