CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Costa Maya

Our first port was Costa Maya.  As fun as the ship was, we were so excited to get off!  There was a dolphin pool right by the pier, and lots of people were enjoying a "dolphin experience" that morning, but I guess we didn't get any pictures of it.  We opted for a zip-line excursion.  I even scanned in the pictures we bought (of course we couldnt take our cameras with us).  The platforms were 90+ feet high, and for a few seconds I really thought I would back out.  But, luckily they keep you moving pretty smoothly and quickly, so I didn't have too much time to think about it.  The hardest part was starting off from the platform, once I got going I could open my eyes and enjoy the ride and the beautiful view.
The Norwegian Spirit is the one you can see the starboard side of, pointing away from the shore.

We walked around the port area for a few minutes before we had to meet for our excursion.  This guy escaped into the drain hole not too long after taking the picture.

We first rode a bus to BioMaya, then transfered to these big trucks to get to where we put on our gear and to the platforms.   They had several platforms and lines above the forest canopy, our tour only included 3 lines.
Top- The 3rd line went right by the water, beautiful!  And it was the steepest line, so fast that there was a 'brake' we hit to slow us down before we reached the platform.  Bottom- The second line was the longest, so we could enjoy the view for a long time.  Both Scott and I stopped before we reached the 3rd platform, so a couple of guys towed us the rest of the way with long poles

At the pier, on our way back to the ship.  The hat is kind of funny-looking, but I'm glad I had it for the rest of the trip.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Heather

looks heavenly!! I wanna go. Keep the pics coming, it helps me endure these cold days. :)