CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fun Run, Kids Mile

{Scott took care of the kids Saturday morning, while I ran a 10k- see  my sidebar.}

 After the 5k/10k, there was a kids race- an out & back 1 mile. It was lead by motorcycle cops, all the kids thought that was pretty cool. Scott ran with Eden (and had the camera), while Andrew and I started in back with Jake in the stroller. (Anyone else notice that lots of races now forbid baby joggers?!? Strollers were only allowed in the kids' race. How annoying!)
This first shot is blurry, but I love Eden's form- look at her drive! These girls were passing her, but she "completely toasted" {her words, influenced by her father, I think} the girl on the right during the back half.

The kids' post-race treat was a super-yummy popsicle. I was a little jeaolous, but then Eden decided she didn't want hers, so I ate it :). Andrew said, "That was super-fun Mom." But when I asked if they wanted to do another race in a couple weeks, Eden was excited, while Andrew just said, "Ummm, no thanks."

Andrew had a hard time pacing himself, but didn't walk very much. Scott happened to catch us on one of his walking breaks.

All the Olson racers after the races were over. It was a fun morning, I think we'll repeat it in a few weeks!
Posted by Picasa