CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sometimes I wonder

...how a little boy's mind works.

I don't want to forget what Andrew told me today, while we were on our way to the other side of town to purchase a totally sweet pink vinylish reading chair for Eden's room (off Craigslist).  Maybe I'll take a picture once Scott moves it up to her room.

Andrew: "Did you know I wasn't even created yet when we lived in Texas?"  (Yes, he said 'we' even though he hadn't 'been created yet')  "Guess who created me, Mom."

Me:  "Who?"

Andrew:  "Jesus.  Jesus and Heavenly Father.  They did it together." 

Me:  "That's right, good job, Andrew."(At this point I'm thinking 1. where did this come from? we haven't discussed this topic recently; 2. maybe he actually listens in Primary, even though every week he tells me how much he doesn't want to go to church, becuase it is SO BORING; 3. we must be doing something right.)

----then a few seconds later----

Andrew:  "I think Jesus made this side [pointing to one leg], and Heavenly Father did this side [pointing to the other leg]." (pause) "Or maybe Heavenly Father made this side and Jesus did this side.  Yeah, I think that's it."

----then several minutes later----

Andrew:  "Do you think nerf guns are created in Texas?"

3 comments:

Robin

First of all, I love your new blog design. I'm not sure how long its been up because I usually just read your blogs on the blogroll on gmail, but it looks great! Andrew is such a good boy. It's so funny to see how his mind makes its tangents.

Sherry Leal

That's so funny! I can't wait for Craig to get to the funny, cute stage and out of the "parroting" stage. :)

Juli

Andrew is so funny! I hope you are getting settled in your new house. I always have a hard time deciding where to put things when we move. We miss you guys!