CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Montgomery Adventure, continued: What we saw and did

We've mostly enjoyed our time here, but we haven't gotten out quite as much as I had hoped originally. Between Eden's schoolwork and a toddler who still need at least one nap every day, I shouldn't be surprised. Anyway, here's a little of what we did in and around Montgomery, AL (I didn't remember the camera for all of it):


Montgomery Zoo- a couple times :) almost enough to warrant a membership!
Mann Wildlife Museum
Tuskegee Air Museum
Blount Cultural Park (where they hold the Alabama Shakespear Festival)- beautiful park with ponds, ducks, and walking paths
Vaughn Road Park- super fun park for the kids with TONS of different playground equipment


Plus, I need to remember that although the weather wasn't quite as warm as I thought it would be, it was still A LOT warmer than South Dakota (most days), plenty warm for running, and I never had to worry about snow or ice! (Although there were a couple mornings that we had to scrape frost off the windshield.)

We also stopped at a few places on our way home:

Kentucky graveyard to search for one of Scott's ancestors
St. Louis Arch
Winter Quarters



I really didn't get many pictures of our adventures.  Oops.

0 comments: