CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Here's how it went

My birthday was on a Thursday, Scott had lots of homework that night.  So, we had takeout from Applebee's on the weekend after the kids went to bed.  (They were mad they missed out on the Triple Chocolate Meltdown.)  On Sunday, we had the tradional Dixon ice-cream cake and presents.  My kids, knowing how much I love cupcakes, insisted (according to Scott) on getting me a book filled with cute and yummy cupcakes and a muffin pan.  They even volunteered to help me make them (because they know how much I love cupcakes).  I hope you caught the sarcasm there.  Anyway, the next week, Eden and Andrew picked out the dino-cakes to try first.  Our Tootsie-Roll heads were too heavy for the cakes, so they look kind of sad, but it was a fun activity to do with the kids, and they were yummy.

Do you think they were happy about the dino-cakes?

Just to show they really are punks, for future blackmailing perhaps....
I didn't even ask them to do anything, this is what they were doing after I took the first pictures.

3 comments:

Juli

Glad you had a fun birthday! Yesterday Chase started asking to see Andrew. He keeps asking me even though I tell him you aren't home.

Erin Glover

The cupcakes look yummy!

Christy

Well, I'm glad I read your blog and saw that you are a fellow Alabamian for a while. Hope you like it. It looks like your apartment's not too bad. At least you don't have all of your household goods. It seems like youare somewhere new in every entry. I guess that's military life but it looks like you're having fun with it.