CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

some things I want to remember... although I'm not really sure why.

I know I have plenty of news to blog about, but I'm trying to make my blog more of a journal for myself.  So, that means you all may be subjected to things that do not interest you at all.  This is one of those times, consider yourself warned.

- Jake HATES taking a bath. Not just the hair-washing, body-scrubbing part (I consider that fairly normal, at least for our kids), he cries and screams the entire time he's in there. And now that he's bigger, he tries to climb out too. So, I make it a quick ordeal, get him out and put his jammies on while the others play. But, then I can't keep him away from the tub! He gets soaked just playing over the side, but then he screams some more when I take his wet clothes off. He's weird.
UPDATE: Yesterday, Jake played happily for 5 whole minutes! Then he was done.

- Last Sunday, during the passing of the sacrament, Andrew used the bristle blocks (which are supposed to be for Jacob) to build a gun. He even had a little sight piece and laser attached to the top of the barrel. Then he starts shooting at me (very quietly, since this is sacrament time after all). And I must have been in a good mood (it was the last Sunday before Scott should be home), because I was just trying not to laugh at the irony- my little boy shooting his gun at me in the middle of what should be the most reverent time of the Sabbath day. sheesh

- Further evidence that I have some wierd kids: In a week I wash about 3 pairs of Eden's socks and about 12 of Andrew's. AND, he freaks out if he doesn't have socks that he approves of to wear. He likes to put them on first, even before his underwear. I have succeeded in convincing him his feet should 'breath' at night. So, AFTER he's all tucked in and warmed up, he asks me to help him take his socks off. In Eden's case, I'm pretty sure her sock number is so low because she doesn't wear socks all the time, not because she uses dirty socks over and over.  I've caught her a few times even putting on her black 'leather' boots without socks- ew!

3 comments:

Saundra

When I read about Andrew, I had to go back to make sure you were talking about your son, because I could picture my son (either one, take your pick) doing the EXACT same thing! Typical boys.

trish

hmmm. I think my kids each have 15 feet because everytime we go somewhere they take them off, loose them (ususally in the car ugh!) and then get a new pair out!

Sherry Leal

I was about to say count your blessings that Jacob doesn't like the bath because then you don't have to worry about the splashing and water all over the floor, but then I remembered you said he likes to play at the side of the tub and get all wet anyway. Kids are so quirky. I guess that's what makes life interesting!