CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

  • I feel pulled in so many directions lately.  Life is good, but full & busy.  Lately I find myself wondering what I'm supposed to give up in favor of some of the things I've been neglecting.
  • I still haven't blogged about our lovely trip to Washington.  The kids got to play with cousins, and Eden started some school work from our homeschool curriculum.  I got to jog outside for a change.  Even got a run in at Cougar with Robin, Elise, and Dana.  It was awesome.  Here are a few of my favorite pics, and for a more detailed description of the Dixon shenanigans, read here, here or here.  My sisters did a great and timely job documenting the reunion, plus they were there for the main event (Tricia's wedding).
  • Scott came home almost two weeks ago, and even got in a few hours early!!!  We have loved having him home. 
  • We celebrated by finishing off our Christmas celebrations.  We opened presents, and had Christmas breakfast for dinner that first evening together.
  • We have joined the ranks of Wii-owning families.  Eden's favorite is making new Mii characters and dancing, Andrew loves the Star Wars light-saber duels, Jake likes to wear the remote around his wrist and play along, Scott likes the tennis and golf (he says the light-saber duels are rigged), and I had a fun time dancing to 80's music with Eden.
  • Scott and I have completed 3 days of P90X.  I am sore and doubt if I'll ever do any pull-ups, but I feel SORE like I'm  getting a good work out.  And really is fun to be doing this together, even if I'd rather run a marathon or something like that.
  • Speaking of extreme, Jake has taken toddlerhood to a level never before known in this home.  He sleeps LESS and climbs, dumps, yells, & wreaks general havoc MORE.  Fortunately, he's still pretty adorable.
  • I started homeschooling Eden.  At first, it was great.  She was super happy, and the work was pretty easy on both of us.  Lately it's been a little more difficult.  The work is definitely still within her capability, but there have been more distractions around here. (see all of the above)
  • We are headed SOUTH for 5 WEEKS and I haven't prepared a single thing.  Scott has to do a training school at Maxwell AFB in Alabama.  We are going with him, largely subsidized by the Air Force.  We'll even get to visit my brother and his family in Naples, FL.  I am so excited to leave winter behind for a while.  If anyone has recommendations on fun things to do while we're there, please let me know!
  • Before I know it, we'll be in Colorado Springs!  Again, not a thing prepared yet.  I hope we can get everything done that needs to be done without going completely nuts or collapsing from exhaustion.

3 comments:

Juli

I'm glad to hear you are keeping busy and having fun.

Ember

Sounds like you have a lot of fun things going on! Just throw your clothes, a few toys, & some homeschool stuff in the suitcases & head on down to Alabama. No need to totally stress. :) Are you going to visit the Youngs while you're there?

Erin Glover

I like the PJ's picture