CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grateful

At least one of my kids appreciates oatmeal for breakfast!
Today I am so happy to be home taking care of a sick Jacob.  He had a fever last night, and still has it this morning.  So Scott is teaching my Sunbeams class (2 kids) and my friend's CTR 4 class (her family is sick too).  I'm not happy Jake's sick, and I'm not happy to be missing church (although the quieter house IS nice).  I am just so happy to be able to stay home with the child who needs me.  For the past six months, when someone was sick on a Sunday, I always had to make the big decision on whether they were sick enough for all of us to stay home or if they were well enough to suffer through 3 hours of church so the rest of us wouldn't miss our church meetings.  Sometimes its hard to believe Scott was really gone for so long.  Other times, like today, I am so grateful to have him home.

Part of me wishes we could be somewhere, and just enjoy being there.  It feels like we are always getting settled, getting ready to unsettle, getting ready for Scott to go TDY or deployed, and so on.  I am really, really sad to be leaving my friends so soon.  But, the Air Force has given us some exciting opportunites in the next few months, and I'm trying to focus on the positive aspects.  We are thankful we can stay together for Scotts training school, even if it means 3 days of driving each way.  We are happy to be moving to Colorado Springs, we like seeing new places.... I just wish we could bring our friends with us every time.

2 comments:

Juli

I hope Jacob feels better soon. Thanks Scott for teaching my primary class. Thanks for the brownies they were delicious.

Tera

Would you settle for friends moving pretty close??? We are sure going to miss you guys!! And hopefully it won't be long before we can meet up again! Thanks for the coupon and for the freaked out vent session! You are the best! Travel SAFE!