CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heat Wave!!! Brrrrrr...

With the cold front and mini-blizzard that moved through over the weekend, our temps were below zero, even for the highs, for a few days. On Monday we had a wind chill advisory, telling us to bundle up in layers and informing us that exposed skin could freeze in a matter of minutes, temps with the wind chill were as low as 30 or 40 below- terrific. I debated for a long time weather to take the boys (mostly concerned about Jake, really ;)) to the gym or not. I finally decided not to brave the super-cold. But, it turns out it wouldn't have mattered, because when I went to start the van so it could warm up before we left to pick up kindergarteners later that morning, the battery was completely dead! Thankfully Teralyn was able to go get the girls- thanks again! (Scott went and got a new battery that evening.)
Today we finally broke past zero , and as I type this my weatherbug tells me its a balmy 29 degrees outside (that's the heat wave to which the title refers)! Yay!!!! Unfortunately, another cold front is expected this coming weekend. :( Just thought you all should know what REAL cold weather is... and weatherbug just changed to 24...

5 comments:

Amy Tree

I also attempted to go to the gym and found a dead battery. Or maybe it was because I left my tank on empty...

Melanie

Does it seem like these cold fronts are coming earlier than last year? I was still getting used to the 20s when we dropped below 0. I guess thats winter in the upper midwest for you! At least you found the dead battery at home and didn't get stranded anywhere!

Lani

It does seem to have started earlier this year. I don't remember it being like this until after Christmas! And I forgot there are some people out there that do have severe winter weather too!

Saundra

Oh man! I hope you stay warm this weekend! We're looking to be around 40 degrees. A definite heat wave compared to you!

Tera

You know you love this weather. It is fun to see what things (pipes, kids, cars, food, etc) hold up to real weather! I guess it is nice to be too big to go to the gym, I stay nice and toasty at home!! I'm glad I could help, it is the least I could do since you watch Katelyn for every doctor appointment I have!! Thanks again!!