CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Firsts (and seconds)....

Today (actually yesterday Wednesday, I started this post but didn't finish it until now) was Scott's first day back to work since Jacob was born, and my first whole day on my own with three kiddos. So, I guess it is fitting that we had some other 'firsts' today.

  • Jacob's first doctor visit. At exactly two weeks old, he's 8lbs. 15 oz. and 21.5 in. long. He still looks a little yellow in the face, so he got to do another bili check. Of course he didn't appreciate being disturbed, but at least he's a good bleeder so it didn't take very long- I have some nice blood splatter on my pants to prove it.

  • First (and second) diaper blowout for Jacob. The first one was in the bouncy chair, so I had to put that through the wash. The second one wasn't so bad, more of a 'leak' than a 'blowout'. Ironically, he hasn't sprayed us nearly as much as Andrew did (yet).

  • First (and second) time Eden answered the door while I was nursing Jacob on the couch- both times to strangers! The first was a JW who kindly dropped off her magazines and left when Eden told her "my mommy is busy right now", after which I had a talk with Eden about not opening the door unless she recognizes the person on the other side. The second time it was a kid (maybe 7 or8?) collecting donations "to save the animals"??? When Eden told him I couldn't come to the door, he said "OK, I can wait" Why do parents let their kids loose on the neighborhood like that?!?! A few days after Jacob was born, Andrew let some neighborhood girls in (we only had the screen door shut at the time) while I was in the bathroom, and they invited Eden to a birthday party for a cat who belongs to a girl she doesn't know! (We really don't get very many knocks on our door, only when it is MOST inconvenient.)
  • First time I made freezer jam. I 'crushed' the fruit and mixed the pectin/sugar in with my blender. Maybe that's cheating, but it was super-fast, and Eden and Andrew prefer the smoother texture. I found out that a completely full blender jar of strawberries makes 4 cups of crushed (just the right amount for the packet of pectin I had). We all love it!

And now here's what you all really come to our blog for, the pictures. Here are a few from the last couple weeks:


this sign says "no dads", I'm not sure what that was all about...


6 comments:

Elise

That cracks me up Eden answering the door while you're nursing. It makes for a good story if nothing else!
Jacob is so cute! I didn't know he was jaundice, is he doing okay with that?
We just made freezer jam this week too, it's so yummy! Good luck flying solo while Scott's at work, I don't know how you make that jump to three kids, I'm scared to death to do it!
Loved the update!

Robin

Love the picture of Jake (is that okay?) yawning! That was taken at the perfect moment :). Hope you are all doing well still. You are a super woman !

Anonymous

I know what you mean about parents letting their kids run wild.....it's like Lord of the Flies in our neighborhood! I love the yawning picture - adorable! So, since Jacob is 2 weeks old now are you going to start running? heheh. Just kidding! :)

Mandi

Why are you making jam right now? You shouldn't have the energy! Way to go! Jacob is so beautiful and I have to say that Eden looks so much like Scott these days! THey are all so darling!

Mandi

Oh- I hope they enjoyed the stranger-cat's Bday party.

Julie

It already sounds tricky to me to try and nurse when you have other children being busy, but I hadn't even thought about the doorbell factor!