CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Crazy Weather

As I type this my weatherbug icon tells me its 64 degrees outside. Two days ago, we had a blizzard- a BLIZZARD in May! It dumped a bunch of snow starting Thursday night and continuing until Friday afternoon. The schools were closed, the base was closed, I-90 was closed! But that afternoon, the sun was out and the winds started to die down. Today, the only places with snow are the big piles from plowing the roads and parking lots. But, Scott and the kids finally made a decent size snowman!

Scott went out to take pictures while it was still coming down, this is our house and our street:





The pictures above are of our front door, before Scott shoveled it Friday afternoon (sorry the one from inside is sideways). The picture below is our back yard, also taken Friday afternoon. The green spot in the middle is because there were really strong winds (60 mph!) that caused major snow drifts. There was barely any snow in that spot, while other areas had 3-4 feet!

Above is the snowman the kids and Scott built, its as big as Andrew! The same nice wet snow that is so great for building snowmen also gave Scott a pretty good workout when it came to shoveling. The next picture was taken about 24 hours later...Pretty crazy weather, I'm really hoping that was the last time we'll be pulling out the snow gear until next winter!


I'm still working on getting over the-longest-cold-of-my-life (and I didn't feel like trying to fit my big belly in and out of the snow gear), so I stayed inside most of the day and put together this curtain for the kids room. Andrew helped pick out fabric- some he liked and some we thought Eden would like. I even learned how to sew button holes! It has a blackout liner behind it because the sun is starting to come up even earlier than our kids (Andrew still thinks if the sun is up, then everyone should be up), hopefully this will help.

3 comments:

Anonymous

I shivered just looking at the snow! I don't know what I'm going to do when we have to experience that this winter! Brr! I love snowmen, they did a great job. Also, I love the curtain. Thanks for the idea of putting the blackout behind the curtain. I usually just put a black blanket over the cute curtain. I like your idea better!

Elise

I can't believe all that SNOW! I'm so sorry! That's crazy in the day old snowman pictures, Eden's wearing shorts! How crazy! We'll cross our fingers that you can pack that winter gear up for good! Oh and I really like that curtain, I need to make some for Eli's room, maybe I'll try to do something like that.
How are you feeling these days? You need to post a belly picture soon!

Mandi

I cannot believe that!!! It is 80 degrees here! I bet the kids were in heaven, though. I second the belly picture request- hope you are feeling well.