CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Little Update of Little Consequence

So, it turns out Andrew has an ear infection, and probably has had it for at least a few days now since they told me that he had some fluid in his ears over a week ago when I took him in for the pink-eye. Earlier this week he started having a temperature, mostly in the afternoons, but he always told me his ears didn't hurt. I finally decided to have a doctor friend who lives down the street come take a look because Andrew seems to be almost deaf the last day or so. Just today I let both of them go play with friends (this doctor's kids!). I'm starting to think maybe I'm too lenient on taking my kids to playgroup/church/school when they're sick. Maybe we're the one's that start some of this stuff around the neighborhood! Now that they are old enough to want to play with friends more, it's hard to decide when a cold is bad enough to keep them home or take them to the doctor. And how sick is sick enough to warrant bailing out on commitments to primary, playgroup, appointments, etc. (I tend to feel guilty about those kinds of things)????
Anyway, that's enough whining...
I really should be thankful that this is the extent of my daily concerns when there are so many people out there with much bigger daily concerns than the repercussions of the common cold.

6 comments:

Anonymous

I know what you mean! I feel bad taking my kids places when they're sick, but most of the time only one is sick. So do I stay home for that one sick child? Or risk infecting other kids so the well children can have fun? I figure, if they're not oozing out all over the place, it's alright. Hey, other moms do it too!

Elise

I agree with Saundra's comment, you can't stay home forever, and sometimes it feels like your kids are sick ALL winter. I guess I think if they're not sucking on the toys and the other kids aren't putting them in their mouths then you're fine. I'm probably too lax too, oh well, we can't live in bubbles right?

Elise

Hope Andrew feels better soon, ear infections are the worst!

Mandi

That sounds rough...poor little fella! Sara has had countless ear infections and it is always so sad cause there really isn't a whole lot you can do except wait it out. Hope you are feeling well! Getting close, huh? I am excited for you guys!

Emily

There is nothing more frustrating than hauling 3 sick kids to the Dr. and having them say, "give it another week, and call me if it gets worse!" I usually wait as long as I can, then I find out there is an infection, and I feel terrible! Hope everyone is doing better!

Emily

There is nothing more frustrating than hauling 3 sick kids to the Dr. and having them say, "give it another week, and call me if it gets worse!" I usually wait as long as I can, then I find out there is an infection, and I feel terrible! Hope everyone is doing better!