CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Downtime


Last week, we had some nice weather so we went to the park for Family Home Evening to play and walk along the creek. The kids were excited to get in the tree, but once they were up there, they were pretty nervous, so I took a few shots and then we headed to Culver's for frozen custard- yum!



We also recently planted seeds in pots (Andrew planted marigolds and Eden planted Zinnia). A few days ago, we started to see the very first little leaves! We still haven't decided exactly how we'll do our container vegetable garden, but I found out we have few more weeks before we should plant outside anyway.

Not a whole lot more exciting than that. We started getting sick (again) right at the same time as we got some really nice weather- sunny & 75 for a couple days! So, I tried to deny it, but it turns out both kids got pink-eye and we're all still struggling with a nice cough. So now I'm trying to just accept the fact that we need downtime and really this week is a pretty good week to be sick- not a whole lot going on, and the weather here is cooling off again. In fact, the tornado siren went off while I was typing this! So, the kids are watching TV and I'm updating the blog and then I'm planning to do some scrapbooking, and we still haven't changed out of our pajamas! Monday was about the same, on Tuesday I took the kids to the park but it really seemed to wear them out (especially Andrew) more than usual, so maybe they weren't quite ready for that. Meanwhile Scott is TDY to a conference- staying in a hotel on the beach! I just tell myself it really wouldn't be that fun when you're 7 months pregnant...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elise

Lani, I'm so sorry you guys have been sick. And that's good that it's warming up too. It's been warm here for a few weeks, but I still feel like I have to take the kids outside all day everyday because I'm convinced it just won't last...hopefully I'm wrong.
That's kind of scary about the tornado siren, has that happened a lot? Anyway, hope you're all feeling better soon!

Robin

I hope you are getting better. It does seem that sicknesses seem to conincide with nice weather for us too! What a bummer. I just plopped them in the stroller anyways figuring they (ahem, I mean I) needed the fresh air :).