CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

This & That

The very first weekend in March, we had fabulous weather, so we decided to try out the Mickelson Trail by Hill City. It used to be a train line, but they removed the tracks, and now there's a wide, almost level gravel path that runs over 100 miles in the black hills. I think we'll definitely be going back this summer. We had more great weather for most of this week too (today it was cold again). So, the kids and I have been at the park and/or riding bikes (Eden). It was nice to get outside for a while, and we can't wait for the weather to turn nice again!

Sometime earlier this week, Andrew got up and decided he was a superhero (I don't remember which one exactly). Well, we went downstairs a little earlier than normal because he said he was hungry, but this is what happened instead of breakfast. Apparently, his elbow and knee pads are now part of his superhero costumes, and superheros also need to have a horse. The next day he did the same thing, and wanted me to take his picture again, then Eden woke up and wanted to be in a picture too.




Posted by Picasa


And on a completely different subject (I guess I'm catching up for being such a lazy blogger lately), I've seen some people share their favorite baby gear items on their blogs, so I've decided to share my favorite maternity find: THE SECRET FIT BELLY STYLE pants from Motherhood Maternity. They are not actually perfect, they still slide down a little bit (well, not so much anymore given my huge belly, but when I bought them back in Jan/Feb they did) but not nearly so much as the other styles of pants I have, and they are really comfortable standing or sitting since they use the new "seamless technology".

I'm still looking for these:
  • The perfect or nearly-perfect nursing bra. I hated the ones I had with Eden and only had one I semi-liked with Andrew. This part of my body doesn't get super-huge, so you'd think it wouldn't be difficult, but it is. So, if you have any suggestions, please share.

  • Input on the moby wrap or other carrier that is good for newborns (I'm thinking mostly of how I'll get through the grocery store with three kids)


  • Input on whether or not to get a sit-n-stand stroller. The big tandem double I got with Andrew was not worth it (it was huge and took up too much space in the car, and I used it only a little bit- being able to snap the carseat in was nice). We replaced it with a pretty sturdy umbrella-style stroller, which was great most of the time, but there were times when I carried Andrew (or let him walk when he got older), and let Eden have a turn in the stroller. Andrew will be older than Eden was, so I'm leaning towards forgoing this expenditure, but I can't quite decide for sure (just today I carried him halfway home from dropping something off at a neighbor's house about 5 or 6 houses away).

  • Also, thanks for the input on the diapers, we are going to give the cloth a try, so we'll let you all know how it goes in a few months.

3 comments:

Anonymous

I personally love the Moby wraps! Ideal for newborns and up to 3 or 4 months. I'm sure Zachary would still love it if I put him in it! Mama's boy.
I have seen a lot of moms with the sit and stand stroller. They have all said it was the best stroller they bought. If you're going to be doing a lot of walking with the baby and Andrew, definitely get the sit and stand! There are some available where you can put the baby's car seat right in it. It looks great!
I have yet to find a decent nursing bra. So let me know what you find. I will look into those pants when (and if) the time comes for maternity clothes again!

Robin

okay I am thinking I want a sit n stand too...except I'm not sure if I want to drop that kind of dough, but it might be worth it I think.

Anonymous

I just bought a gypsy mama baby breeze wrap. I'm so excited to use it so I'll tell you how I like it after the baby is born. I know you can use it up through toddler age and it's really light weight and cool for the summer heat. It took me a long time to find one that would like (just like cloth diapers) but I'm excited about it.