CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

BEWARE CATCH-UP POSTING AHEAD... First, A Potty Training Update

Lest anyone think that potty-training Andrew has been a complete breeze..... Last week Andrew almost never went in the toilet, except that he didn't poop in his pants/pull-ups, only let them get wet over and over (and didn't care about it at all- I would ask him if he was still dry and he would just say "no" and go on with what he was doing), until I finally put the underwear and pull-ups away and told him he had to wear a diaper until he started going pee-pee in the toilet again. He wasn't happy about that, but what really changed his mind was that we pulled "Doc Hudson" out of his prize box and used it the same way we used "Henry", with one change, I decided to put Doc Hudson away if Andrew was wet in the morning too (maybe unfair, but I think sometimes he was wetting his diaper after he woke up, but before I made him sit on the toilet). He caught on really fast this time around.
He's doing much better this week, he kept his underwear dry ALL DAY AND NIGHT yesterday and so far today too. I wasn't home last night, but apparently Andrew threw a big fit about putting a pull-up on for bed (something he's never done before). So Scott let him go to bed in his underwear. When I got home, I debated whether to change him or not, finally decided to let him go for it since he wakes up dry at least half the time. I think a lot of the problem last week was that we were so busy with doctors and dentists and things going on, that there was just too much distraction for him to pay very close attention. Of course, in the back of my mind, I'm starting to wonder how many "special" toys we're going to go through before he decides to stay dry without being bribed.

3 comments:

Anonymous

Potty training is such an obstacle! I'm still dealing with wet pull ups at night from both kids! I think I'm going to try your approach by taking something away when there's a wet morning pull up, since I know she's peeing AFTER she wakes up and is still in her bed. GROSS!!

Elise

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with these kind of issues! I'm just holding off with Brenna for a while, we'll try again later, when she's not so completely against it.

I loved the super hero pics! What a guy, those were really cute! Eden looks so grown up too.

My older sister bought a sit'n stand stroller from target after she had her 4th baby a few years ago and loved it! She said there were a few times she had all 4 kids on it at once! I'll have to get the details about what kind and how much it was and let you know.

Thanks for the update! Looks like you're enjoying the warm weather, it looks really fun!

Elise

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I had a nursing bra that I liked from motherhood maternity (the outlet of course!) It was slightly padded and underwire, but comfortable and didn't look or feel that different from my regular bra.