CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Conference Journals


I was recently called into Activity Days, along with a couple other ladies.  I know my sister Tricia is new to this calling too.  So, I thought I would share some of the ideas here.  I made one of these journals for Eden last General Conference from this idea I saw on Pinterest.  (I didn't realize until too late that the pictures were out of date- Elder Wirthlin had passed away and Elder Anderson had been called as an apostle).  So I got this PDF from Sugardoodle, made a screen-shot, saved it as a JPEG and added the vertical text using Picasa.  (Yes, I am feeling pretty proud of myself for figuring that all out on our not-so-new-but-I-still-don't-really-know-how-to-use iMac.)

So here's the new image.  I printed it through Picasa as 5x7, shrink to fit, on letter size (8.5x11) paper.  That way, when I selected more than 1 copy (20 to cover all our girls and leaders), they printed 2 per page.  I think it came out pretty awesome!



So, at our next activity we will talk about the importance of listening to and following the counsel of the prophets and apostles.  The girls will cut the pictures and use packing tape to put them in an empty lined notebook, either as tabs, or just onto the page.  Hopefully this will help them learn to get more from their General Conference experience.


1 comments:

Robin

We were going to do a picture frame decorated, and place the prophets picture in it...but I'm feeling the need for a switch up. Love these! I actually found something similar on Pinterest and printed them out for the kids...I haven't seen them yet but from what I can remember yours are cooler. Awesome job!