CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Be a Mean Mom!

...OK, maybe not all the time. ;)  But, for any of you who may feel guilt when your kids call you "the meanest mom ever", or "evil" (I've been called both, and a whole lot more), read this article.  Being 'mean' sometimes is probably good for your kids.  Recently, I realized I often feel a sense of satisfaction when my kids call me 'mean' (and felt a little guilt about that instead of guilt about being mean).  It's nice to have some validation.

How To Land Your Kid in Therapy

2 comments:

Elise

I'm glad I'm not the only mean mom out there, and that I'm not ruining their childhood by saying no sometimes...and if you're mean Lani, then I think I'm in pretty good company!
Great article, thanks for sharing.

Sherry Leal

I just read this link from the cJane blog. Is that where you saw it? I thought it was very interesting, but at the same time I came away confused. I guess the answer is just do your best, and don't worry about not doing it all right.