CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy January!

I have successfully moved almost all my pictures to an external hard drive.  It's a My Book, I'm told that they're good.  So, I went ahead and got all the pictures off my camera from the last month or so.  Turns out there are a lot.  I lost motivation when I saw the large number of pics being loaded into 'Dec 2010'.  But, here are a couple from 2011:

When she turned 7, we told Eden she could get her ears pierced whenever she was ready.  After seeing quite a few friends survive the ordeal untraumatized, she took the plunge!  She choose her birthstone, sapphire.  I think they look great!
The kids had a snow day, and I decided to make Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls for our snack/FHE treat.  I ended up using mostly whole wheat flour from my grinder (because we were out of regular and I didn't want to go to the store), and I cut back a bit on the butter/sugar/cinnamon filling.  They were still ooey, gooey, and delicious!


2 comments:

Elise

yum, that picture is making my mouth water! I'll have to try the PW's recipe with whole wheat flour and she always uses a ton of butter in everything so I'm sure it could still be great with less.

And how grown up of Eden getting her ears pierced!!

can't wait for that Dec 2010 update!!

Sherry Leal

Yours look great. I have made these a few times and always had trouble getting all the filling to stay in and the rolls to keep their shape. With all that butter they would just slip and slide all around and come out more trapezoidal than round. I made them on Christmas, though, and did half the butter and sugar. Then, after seeing how nicely it all held together, I drizzled on a little more butter and sugar until I discovered I had gotten it all on. I rolled it up and it stayed in shape with very little oozing and turned out awesome! So that's my tip if you wanted to try it with all the butter and sugar...just do about half at first and then add the rest a little at a time. But sometimes less is more. :)