CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another list for another weekend

This weekend was preceeded by a pretty nice week, minus Jake hanging on to his cold that started the previous week.  Scott was home for 5 days instead of the usual 4 and we got a few things done around the house, including Scott deep-cleaning the stove, and staining our front door.  Isn't he great?!

1.  I ran about 14 miles on Friday.  I'm not 100% committed to the half marathon in a couple weeks (I'm waiting to see what the forecast is for race day). (Which probably makes the mileage sound even crazier to those of you who already think I'm crazy.)

2.  Jacob has been sick with a cold and whiny most of the week.

3.  I was supposed to participate in a 5k with a bunch of ladies from our ward Saturday morning, but couldn't bring myself to ditch a whiny, slime-faced Jake on any of our baby-sitters (I want to make sure they actually want to take care of my kids!)  Of course, Scott had to go back to work with the morning shift on Saturday.

4.  I took the kids to the zoo on Saturday morning instead.  I used up almost an entire package of tissues with Jake.  It was pretty cold, so that didn't help his current condition.  One of the kids favorite things at our zoo, is the place called My Big Backyard.  There are a few farm animals there, and some BIG backyard items.

The kids requested that the black chicken be in the photo too.

5.  Yesterday afternoon, I went visiting teaching, which is always good, and then to Costco.  I stocked up on things (Nutella!) from the coupon book and got only a few other things that we were out of, but didn't have coupons for.  My savings were about 15% from the coupons, on top of the fact that I was buying in bulk from Costco!! The checkout guy was impressed too.

6.  I caught Jake's cold yesterday. (I know it's only just begun because it's only affecting one side of my face so far. Lovely.)

7.  Scott and I had a nice date-night at home with Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster.  Dinner was take-out from a local restaurant that sent Scott a $10 gift certificate.  The Mile-High Ice-cream Pie was delicious and HUGE.  We'll finish it off tonight when he gets home. :)

8.  This morning, Scott made crepes- SO YUMMY!-  then we played some card games with the kids.  Fortunately? I decided to stay home from church with all the kids, since Jake and I have colds (Scott's working this afternoon- of course!) I got to Skype with my mom and sister in Belgium and eat Tam-Tams with Stephen's Hot Cocoa (Chocolate Raspberry flavor if you must know).

9.  Andrew got tummy-sick. I'm glad it didn't happen at church. But now I have 2 whiny, sick boys.  Did I mention Scott's at work?

10.  I made 3 pumpkin rolls to be filled with cream cheese frosting and frozen later tonight or tomorrow.

11.  I'm having Thanksgiving at my house. I'm a little nervous about all the cooking, but we're excited for the company!  I do have a plan for cooking most of the food ahead of time and just heating it up on Thursday. It involves me doing some amount of cooking (besides our regular meals) every day this week. I really can't afford any more sickness around here.

12.  So... Not a completely horrible way to spend the weekend, but not quite the 'BANG!' I was hoping to start out the Thanksgiving Week Break the kids have.  That's right, they get the WHOLE week off, and I'm trying to make that a good, fun, healthy thing for all of us, while still staying somewhat sane. :)

For your viewing pleasure, here are some crafty things I've been up to lately (not this weekend):
The wreath idea came from my friend Jessica's blog, Sherbert Cafe.  The rest came from our ward's Super Saturday.  I was in charge of 'teaching' the Cookies for Santa plate.
 
This is vinyl stickers on a circle cut from an acetate sheet (like they use for over-head projectors).  Then rolled it up to get it inside the flattened sphere ornament and then add some 'snow'.  So easy, the kids helped me make them at home.

And here's a new 'old' post about a morning at the hot air balloon festival:
Colorado Springs Balloon Classic

4 comments:

Sherry Leal

That picture at the zoo is funny. It even has what looks like a super-sized bird in the foreground. :)

Alicia

Way to go on the crafts. I'm impressed, especially because of the added distractions of sick kids.

Lani

The crafts are from the last few weeks, not this weekend. I'm not THAT good! Sorry to mislead :)

Dustin and Laura

I love Pysch! We stream it instantly from Netflix while I run on the treadmill. Shawn cracks me up.