CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Packing, packing, and more packing!!!!

My excuse for my blogging absence is a combination of the following: being pretty darn busy, knowing I can't catch up decently, and therefor not trying, and a new found obsession with food blogs.  So, be prepared for a random order to my future posts, as I attempt to document what we've been up to.

I wrote this in the middle of packing up to come home from Montgomery, Alabama, but never posted it:

***I'm so over the packing, right up there with school work on my list.  I really wish we could be going home, and that's it, just be home.  But, we're not.  We get to take 2 quick trips in April, and then move at the end of May.  At least I know better than to think things could not be more hectic than they are right now.  I'd like to think we're going to have a blissful relaxing time once we get through the move, and through with Eden's school work.  But, I know from experience that's probably not a realistic expectation.  So, I will try to enjoy what can be enjoyed now and get the work done the best I can.***

Here are some pictures of some of the packing we've done in the last 5 months.  I'm not crazy enough to have photographed the packing for every trip, so here's the itenerary:
January 2010 (was supposed to be December 2009)- trip to Washington for Tricia & Kyle's wedding (I still take pride in having only 3 checked bags and 2 carry-ons for 4 people for 10 days); (Scott returns from deployment at the end of January);
February 2010- pack up for 5 weeks down south (Florida and Alabama);
March 2010- pack it all up again for the trip home (I count it again because it was a mini-move, not exactly a 'trip';
April 2010- 3 day house-hunting trip in Colorado Springs (this time it was just me and Scott); April 2010- two weeks later pack up for a 4 day trip to Utah and back for Logan and Anna's wedding; also begin packing for our move to Colorado Springs
May 2010- overnighter to Bismarck so Scott could attend the temple that we are actually assigned to before we move (the Denver Temple will be just under 1 hour away from our new home!); continue packing for said move, which is coming way too quickly!
Left: all packed up for a blizzar-postponed trip to Washington

Above: part-way packed for our return to Rapid City after a month in Montgomery (and Naples)
Below: my Mom is an awesome packer, this is what she did during her visit at the beginning of April!

Left: Jake scaling the boxes after our return from Utah (notice not much more packed than the above picture 2 weeks earlier).
Right: taken yesterday- I thought I had made the boxe to steep for him to climb, we think he used the couch and the wall ledge to get to the spot he's in (notice, a few more boxes! there are actually a lot more boxes packed around the house, we just haven't put them all in one place.)

2 comments:

Mandi

I do not envy you! We have never had to pack ourselves and I am afraid for the day that I have to do that.

Did you guys find a place in the springs? What did you think of it? We sure miss it there. I will be excited to see pictures and hear about your new home- it will make me jealous, though, I am sure! Good luck!

Lissa

Oh, my. Packing....and moving....suck. Big time. I loved it when we were still AF and they moved us to and from Hawaii. But when we had to do it ourselves a few months back - not so fun! Hahaha! Colorado Springs will be fun. It's BEAUTIFUL there! =)