CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Madness- not the basketball kind!

What have we been up to? Well, March turned out to be a very busy month for us, and there will (hopefully) be a couple more posts coming soon to cover all of the month's events.
Andrew gave himself a haircut a few weeks ago. He took quite a few chunks, and cut close to the scalp, so that even though we gave him a buzz, you can still see how uneven it is if you look close.
Andrew also has been participating in a "TurboTots" gymnastics class. He had his first awards ceremony, also a few weeks ago. He really loves going to his gymanstics class, and has even decided that it is much more fun if you take your socks off. (It took him a while to be willing to part with his socks before class.) As a side note, I used a spa gift card Scott had given me for Christmas. I got a haircut (sorry don't have any pics right now), and a pedicure. But, I didn't know that the nail polish I picked couldn't be dried under the lamp, so I went to the award ceremony with the lovely disposable flipflops on- oops!
For my birthday, the kids were very concerned that Daddy hadn't taken them shopping. So I told them to go find some flowers (not a chance at this time of year!) or some other stuff from outside. A while later they came back in all excited and got out some of our gift-wrapping stuff (yes, we reuse bags, ribbons, etc.). And later that night, I received a lovely sparkly rock and a old, but shiny, rubber bouncy ball that had probably been outside at least all winter long. Eden also made her very own card with no help from me or Scott.
We also had our New Beginnings Program this month (a little late, I know). Our theme was "Each snowflake is unique, just like you!" (the program was originally going to be in February). I made these snowflake ornaments and we also made some really cool 3-D snowlfakes out of paper for decorations (I used an online tutorial), but of course I forgot to take a picture of those.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie

I like the snowflakes, they are cute!

Melanie

HA! I love the kids birthday presents- how sweet! Its totally something we would have done when we were kids. I can picture them being so excited about it too.