CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Just in the last 24 hours.....

...Jake finally has his first tooth (actually it came through while we were in Utah, but I took this picture in the last 24 hours)! He's got at least 3 more very close to breaking through. Even though he's been teething on and off for months now, its still hard to believe how big he's getting! He's not a little baby anymore, in fact, Scott has started calling him VLB (Very Large Baby).

...Inspired by Eden's friends' hair and instructed by their mother, I've been getting a little more creative with Eden's hair (when we have some extra time in the morning). Thanks Tera! (check out her very cool hair blog here)

...I made apron's for the kids at the sewing/knitting group last night. Actually I only finished one for Eden in the three hours that I was there, but I finished this one for Andrew while Eden was at school this morning. Thanks Juli for providing the pattern and showing me how it all goes together! Now they can keep breakfast and toothpaste off their clothes in the morning, which means they can get dressed first thing. I'm hoping this helps our morning rush/chaos a little. :)

I've skipped over our whirlwind trip to Utah because I'm hoping to gather more pics from my sisters before I post, so stay tuned!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Elise

I can't wait to hear about the trip and the race!!! I wish I could have been there running with you guys! We seem to be the losers of the family that can't make it to anything...hopefully that changes once Bren's done with school!

I can't believe your friends hair blog, she's amazing! Eden's hair looked so cute, poor Brenna usually has the same 2 or 3 hairdos that I do and redo depending on how well it stayed in from the day before.

Jake IS looking really big! It's sad because we've never even seen him in person. By the time we do he'll be all grown up!

I love the aprons too! Do you have instructions or a pattern for them? How fun that you have a sewing/knitting group.

And Andrew's hair isn't so bad, at least boys can wear hats all the time right? I'm dreading the day when my kids figure out how to use scissors for real.

When does Scott leave? I didn't know he was working on a Masters...good for him (and you!) I'm sure that's a lot of extra work and studying.

Sorry this is so long, I'm a little behind in blogging. Looks like I should have just sent an email, but it was good to get an Olson update!

Mary Peterson

James and Alex wanted to check in on some friends from South Dakota. Thanks for posting about the kids! Those aprons are really cute and I love Eden's hair. Tera is amazing! Your little guy is really getting big. Its amazing how time flies...

Saundra

I love the aprons!! Too cool. I saved the link for the hair blog. I may have to give it a shot...someday! Horray for teeth! Good luck with the nursing. :)

Robin

Hallelujah on the tooth Jakes! They can't recede after they've already broken the surface can they?! And Eden's hair is adorable. I'm about to die just putting Reese in piggies. I'm so glad we got to see you guys!

Mandi

Her hair is so cute! It is fun having a girl to play doll with! :) Love the aprons too!

Feel free to harass me anytime for cruise info. I did a lot of "research" before ours! You need to go, though- especially after being apart so much. You are a trooper!