CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas decorations






We got our tree about a week and a half ago. Growining up, I thought I'd never have an artificial tree and gave my parents a hard time when they got theirs. But, then we moved to Hawaii and a fresh tree just wasn't practical. And I grew rather fond of my pre-lit, perfectly symmetrical and easy to care for boxed tree. So, it was with some hesitation that I agreed to go with a fresh tree this year. We thought about going and cutting one down, but a big snow storm came through and we didn't want to wait or bother with getting the tag. So we all crowded into the pick-up and headed for "Mom & Dad's" tree lot, just up road from our house. It's run by an older gentleman who stays in a converted bus with tons of Christmas decorations. It was dark by the time we went, so we just had the lamps at the lot to see by, plus it was super cold. So we didn't take any pictures. We didn't walk around very much before we decided on a frasier fir. The kids and I went into the nice warm bus for a few minutes while Scott got the tree situated in the truck. It had some snow on it, so we shook it as best we could then put towels down to try to contain the drippings after we got it set-up. We thought about leaving it in the garage overnight, but figured since it was cold enough for there to be ice under the van, it probably wouldn't help a whole lot. The next day we decorated it and took our family Christmas picture in front of it. Of course it smells so good, I can't believe I almost didn't want it!
The other pictures are ones that Eden took (without me knowing) of some of our other Christmas decorations- some plush decoration/toys that I put downstairs for the kids, a close-up of the three wise men in one of my nativities, and close-up of the top of the table-top tree we sent to Scott in Iraq last year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous

Oh yum, I love the smell of a fresh tree. It sounds like so much fun. ALthough, I'm not too jealous of the COLD!!