CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

She's here!

Charis Susan Olson, born January 6, 2012

I was induced 6 days before my official due date because my blood pressure kept creeping up, eventually into the hypertension range.  I still don't know why that happened, especially since I exercised more during this pregnancy.  (If they took it while I was laying down, it was fine.)  I had already decided that I would either go completely 'natural' or have either a spinal/intrathecal or epidural.  I was hoping to get to about 7cm, then ask for an intrathecal.  But, with the pitocin, I needed something and I was still at a 4!  So, I asked for an epidural instead.  I have never been so numb in my life!  I was sure I wouldn't be able to push because of how little feeling I had, but she was out after just  a couple pushes (she definitely holds the record for quickest delivery)!  And, it turns out I probably could have gone with the intrathecal because I was fully dilated less than an hour later.  And still numb on my left side 3 hours after delivery.  They put me in a wheel chair to move to the recovery room.  So, lesson learned, maybe (each labor/delivery has been so different):  If I do this again, I will ask for the intrathecal even if I haven't progressed very far.  Anyway, here are some pictures to document Charis's arrival.