CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Eden's Special Day

Eden was baptized on October 9th. We were fortunate enough to have both of Scott's parents and my mother able to attend. Eden asked both of her grandmothers to speak at her baptism. (We were also fortunate to have the program all to ourselves, since Eden was the only one in our ward being baptized this month.) She asked me to play the piano, and Scott baptized and confirmed her. I know it was a special day for her. When she came out of the water she said, "That was so exciting!" She was so happy to finally have her baptism day. My only regret is that I spent most of the time (that I wasn't playing the piano) wrestling with a quite disruptive and uncooperative Jacob. Letting someone else try to take him only made him louder. Obviously, this was something I should have thought about and made a plan for before the baptism. Should I have got a sitter? But, I don't think I would have felt right about not having Jake there. Definitely something to consider if we have another restless toddler around when Andrew turns eight.

I'm so proud of Eden and her choice to be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It's the first of many decisions she will face that will greatly influence her life's path.  Love you, Eden!


5 comments:

The Bergeron Family

I'm excited to see you guys next month! I can't believe Eden is 8 years old now...

Juli

Congrats to Eden! How fun to have some family there to help you celebrate.

Mandi

What a special day! She looks beautiful- so do you! :)

Sherry Leal

Congratulations Eden! I really wish we could see you guys more. Well, I wish we could see everyone more, but I guess that's the trouble with living in different states. Anyway, congrats!

Saundra

So exciting! I'm so glad that her grandparents got to be there. Eden is so cute. I miss you guys!