CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Homemade Bread


On Saturday, I finally used my new grainmill (thanks Mom & Dad!) to make about 12 cups or so of whole wheat flour, then used some of the flour to make a couple loaves of homemade 100% whole wheat bread. The recipe book I used had directions for how to form the loaves, actually rolling it out into a rectangle and then rolling it up before putting it in the loaf pan (I had no idea there was any certain way to form loaves of bread), this loaf came out a little crooked. I think they were supposed to rise more than they did in the loaf pan before cooking, so we'll have to experiment with it a bit. But, it was so yummy, especially right out of the oven, and the other loaf is already gone!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous

YUMMY! I'm going to be nosy...what sort of wheat grinder did you get? I'm in the market for one, but I am clueless as to which brand is better.

Anonymous

YUMMY! I'm going to be nosy...what sort of wheat grinder did you get? I'm in the market for one, but I am clueless as to which brand is better.