CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

25 Things

1. I got this tag on Facebook over a month ago. It has taken me that long to come up with 25 things, and I cheated (as you can see). I know most people know a lot of this, but I don't think anyone knows all of these things.

2. I'm tired of seeing this nearly every night of the week. I'm almost looking forward to Scott's deployment so I don't have to see it anymore. Trish used the term "anti-lifestyle", this is ours:

3. When he gets home he'll be done with his masters program, so I'll get to see this a lot more often.

4. I enjoy getting up early, as long as my kiddos are not also up early. This happens about as frequently as blue moons.

5. I have a few irrational fears. One is that my belly button will burst open when I'm hugely pregnant.

6. Another one is a fear of car washes, the ones that move the car through the tunnel on tracks. I loved them as a kid, but the first time I tried to use one as an adult, I ended up with a flat tire. I haven't been back since then.

7. I know how to change a flat tire, but I wasn't strong enough to loosen nuts on the hubcap, so Scott had to come rescue me.

8. I use cloth diapers most of the time.

9. I really love running. Enough that I went to the local running store and bought some things for running outdoors in the winter. I've actually done 9.5 miles with this stuff. I still have to use the treadmill at the gym quite a bit, since my boys wouldn't appreciate going for runs outside in winter like I do. I got two pairs of merino wool socks (very comfy!) and the traction devices (center), my mom made the earwarmer when I was in highschool or college.

10. I got 10 stitches in my forehead and a ambulance ride (not my idea) after a confrontation with a gate during an early morning jog along Pearl Harbor. One of the EMTs explained to me that jogging is not supposed to be a contact sport- really? I had no idea. ;p

11. I really wish I was a better liar so I could tell people it happened while surfing the North Shore or something else more impressive than the truth.

12. I do know how to surf, I even had my own board when we lived in Hawaii. I think everyone should try it.

13. It takes me a LONG time to be comfortable with new people in social settings. I'd rather give a 20-minute talk to group of strangers, than be expected to "mingle," "socialize," and "make conversation" with the same group of people.

14. I am slowly overcoming a related fear of talking on the telephone. I'd rather use email.

15. I'm not a very good bargain-shopper, I wish I were.

16. I also wish I knew how to dress myself 'cuter'/how to shop for clothes, and how to make my house prettier.
17. I am pretty good at online-shopping. What's not to love about cheap/free shipping and saving yourself a trip to the store with 2 or 3 kids in tow? And who doesn't love getting packages!

18. I've been in a shark cage, surrounded by sharks. It was very cool.

19. I was on the drill team in high school.

20. I play the piano OK, I play the guitar a little.

21. I was better at both when I was younger.

22. I was a TA for Genetics at BYU.

23. Before that I was custodian at the Wilkinson Center at BYU. I mostly set-up and took-down for events and cleaned the bathrooms.

24. I'd rather clean a public restroom than my own bathrooms. I think its something about the anonymity of public "blech" vs. knowing exactly who the "blech" belongs to.

25. I know Jesus lives and that He loves everyone, including me.





7 comments:

Dustin and Laura

I agree 100 percent with the phone fear thing but not with the bathroom thing. I didn't know about the stitches! Ouch!

Amy Tree

my sister and her hubby were both custodians at the Wilk also. she used to take a nap on a couch in a restroom. good for you trying cool things like surfing and the sharks!

Mandi

I am with you on the email thing rather than phone- it just seems so nice to let people answer at their convenience.

I think I remember the belly button thing about you! You told me about that when I was about to pop with Sara! That is so funny. I miss you.

Heather

I really enjoyed reading your list. I think #5 is hysterical. #6 you should be afraid. Check my blog Jan. of 08. #13 I already kind of new about you, you are so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Tera

What a fun list. I totally agree about the cleaning your own bathroom thing, I HATE IT, but I think cleaning anyone else's is pretty BLEH too! And I am totally jealous of your Hawaii life, I wish I had lived there too!!

Saundra

I love your list. I'm very impressed with your traction thingys. I wouldn't dream of running in the ice - you're brave! Oh, and I loved your #25. :)

Amanda

This was fun! Shark cage!?! Wow!!!

I can relate to you on a few of your things, mainly the talking on the phone and being in social situations....

I hope your race went well. I was thinking of you on Saturday and wishing that I would have called you to wish you luck before you left. Hope you had a great trip! :)